Hadoop Software Engineer
As a Hadoop Software Engineer, you will build systems that serve tens of thousands of jobs and queries per day. The services you build will integrate directly with Twitter’s products, opening the door to new and cutting-edge features. You will empower dozens of engineering teams, hundreds of co-workers, and millions of users to gain new insights and dream of new possibilities. If you are passionate about cutting-edge open-source technologies, enjoy working with top notch engineers to build new features and take on complex problems, have experience in distributed systems, database internals, networking fundamentals, or performance analysis; you are this right candidate for the job.
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Big Data (Hadoop) challenges
- Travel up to 30% of the time
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities
- Work with and contribute to the Apache Hadoop and related open source communities to build new features and fix issues in support of Twitter’s usage and growth
- Design and build hybrid cloud solutions combining on-premise and in-cloud Hadoop clusters
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems problems and develop solutions with a significant impact at massive scale
- Build tools to ingest and process massive amounts of data per day
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with data processing software (such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive) and with data processing algorithms (MapReduce, Flume)
- Experience working with technical customers
- Hands-on experience in distributed systems
- Strong software development skills in at least one of: Java, C/C++, or Scala
- Experience building and supporting large-scale systems in a production environment
- Running large infrastructure services on the cloud
- Experience with OSS technologies such as HDFS, YARN, Tez, Flume, HBase, Spark, Zookeeper
- Solid knowledge of networking and Linux systems management
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage technologies and storage protocols
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.