Senior Big Data Developer
DB Best is a global full-service company, operating at the cutting edge of the latest cloud technologies. DB Best is involved in hundreds of projects with top-tier customers worldwide. Currently, we have several ongoing engagements with a leading global retailer in the beauty industry. We’ve been working with this customer for over 5 years and have established a strong relationship with them.
We have already significantly improved their entire enterprise reporting platform, including ETL processes, enterprise data warehouse, data marts and data visualization components for this customer. Now, our customer is looking for faster and better decision making and advanced analytics. So, they consider leveraging Big Data technologies and they turned to DB Best to help them develop and maintain this new system.
So we’re looking for an experienced Senior Big Data Engineer in San Francisco, CA to join our star team.
Actually, we invite you to join one of the most skillful teams at DB Best. Currently, our distributed team includes over 60% of senior developers. So, working with this team of industry experts is really a great pleasure.
Seeking Big Data Superhero
As a Big Data Senior Developer, you will be working with clients to implement leading edge data analytics and cloud solutions across a range of industries. We are looking for software engineers with a strong understanding of the full data development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, solution design, development, and production deployment.
The ideal candidate will have solid HBase architecture & development experience with the desire and passion to continue to learn big data technologies.
The exciting things you will get to do once employed as a Senior Big Data Engineer:
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including design, coding, testing, troubleshooting, and documenting big data-oriented software applications
- Be Responsible for the ingestion, maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in the business’s operational and analytics databases. The ability to troubleshoot any existent issues will be a big plus
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to our data warehouses
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production
- Create new systems and tools to enable the customer to consume and understand data faster
- Build, implement and support the data infrastructure; ingest and transform data (ETL/ELT process)
- Define and build large-scale near real-time streaming data processing pipelines that will enable faster, better, data-informed decision making within the business
- Work inside the team of industry experts on the cutting edge Big Data technologies to develop solutions for deployment at massive scale
- Study data, identify patterns, make sense out of it and convert it to algorithms
- Designs and plans BI, and other Visualization Tools capturing and analyzing data from multiple sources to make data-driven decisions, as well as debugs, monitors, and troubleshoots solutions
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, advising senior management on new and improved data engineering strategies that will drive departmental performance leading to improvement in overall improvement in data governance across the business, promoting informed decision-making, and ultimately improving overall business performance
- The experience and qualifications we hope you bring to the Senior Big Data Engineer position:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7+ year’s relevant experience or equivalent
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in Java/J2EE
- 4+ years of hands-on experience HBase architecture, benchmarking and performance monitoring
- Solid understanding of HBase read path & write path (LSTM, HFile, Flushes, Memstore, Blockcache, Indexes, Compactions, Region splits, etc)
- 2+ years’ experience with traditional relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Need someone who is a self-starter and team player, capable of working with a team of Architects, Developers, Business/Data Analysts, QA, and client stakeholders
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Hands-on experience working the Google Cloud Platform (Compute Engine, Networking, Persistent Disks, GCS, GCP Security concepts).
- Hands-on experience with Apache Phoenix
- Passion for working with open-source technologies as well as commercial platforms
WHO WE ARE?
DB Best is internationally known for comprehensive data-management services, database development and migration, and the creation of highly successful web and mobile systems. Hundreds of customers from all over the world rely on our developers and architects for cost-effective strategies in migrating and modernizing their on-premises and cloud assets every day.
Our expertise covers all major databases, including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Access. Unlike smaller, narrow-focused competitors, our developers can choose among many development platforms, including iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, PHP, ASP.NET, and Java.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for five years running with competencies in Application Development, Data Analytics, Data Platform, and Cloud Platform and an Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, we have the experience to make our customers successful.
DB Best has rapidly become one of America’s fastest growing companies, as recognized by our presence on the prestigious Inc. 500 list in 2012. Originally started in Silicon Valley as a two-person team by Dmitry and Irena Balin, DB Best now has hundreds of employees in five countries, including our headquarters in Redmond, Washington, and locations in San Francisco, the UK, Israel, Poland, and Ukraine.
YOUR DREAM JOB NOT FOUND
We’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. Want to work with us, but couldn't find an appropriate opening?
Let us know about your passion, tell us why you stand out from the crowd and how you can make the difference working at DB Best.
We always keep the doors open for outstanding talents. Just hit the button below to send us your resume.